It is finally Spring! Summer is now officially around the corner, which makes writing a blog geared toward the perfect (though not always thanks to the odd rain showers) tropical Jamaican weather a lot easier. While it does keep your imagination alive to dream about wearing shorts and breezy tops in the dead of winter, it really is a whole lot enjoyable to look outside your window and see flowers blooming then it was to see ice sickles covering bare branches.
- Jamaica’s normal temperatures are in the 80s.
- Though this is determined by your proximity to the coast. The further inland and the higher the elevation, it is tipically cooler.
- The coast can reach well into the 90s in the day and 80s at night.
- And inland the days will be hot and nights cooler, though hardly ever cold.
So, taking into account the drastic change in weather here in one of the California mountains and also to the shift of images and trends in magazines, I am doing a post about spring colors!
- The Spring colors are pastels, normally for bottoms. This means skinny jeans, legging jeans, shorts and cropped jeans in pastels like coral, light lime, mint, yellow, and some blues.
- Tops are also pastels or of a brighter color and have been paired mostly with colors opposite on the color wheel. For example, coral and blue.
- Mix and match colors you wouldnt normally put together!
- No crazy neon’s and reds. Blah. That doesn’t read easy breezy and summery does it?
First and foremost this blog consists primarily of tips on style, culture, and travel information while volunteering in Jamaica but second, it is for curvy women. So with that in mind curvy women normally stay away from bright colors that could bring attention to parts of their bodies they would like to conceal. As a rule of thumb most wear dark colors on the bottom to appear thinner. I personally covet the coca cola body shape (small on top, big hips) so I don’t mind that my hips may appear bigger (I know, you may think that is crazy.) And for those of you who may be like me, colors on the bottoms is a good choice. Those who prefer to wear dark colors on the bottom should branch out with festive colors on the top, coral being my favorite!
- Colors will bring attention to your body, so pastels on the bottom may be a weary choice for curvy girls who want to minimize their trouble areas.
- For those who love the coca cola body shape, colors on the bottom are great!
- And if you’re like me and dont like your arms, a great option is a sheer light weight cardigan in a summer color that you can mix and match.